This is from Barbara Kafka's "Microwave Gourmet" cookbook. Everybody in the family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1814.36 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the chicken marinade
- 44.37 ml tamari
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 12 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 8 slice fresh ginger (quarter-size)
For the Satay Sauce
- 1For the chicken marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold the chicken, or use a ziploc bag.
- 2Marinate for at least several hours or overnight.
- 3Cook as desired, bake or grill until done.
- 4Usually about 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. The marinade and sauce make enough for 4 lbs of chicken parts. If you are baking this much chicken, you will need to adjust the cooking time. I (TCookie) usually am only cooking about 2 lbs.
- 5(I don't cook mine in the microwave. Sorry, Barbara).
- 6For the Satay, combine broth, soy, sugar, five-spice powder, garlic and pepper in a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- 7Cover tightly with plastic wrap and cook at full power for 3 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven.
- 9Pierce plastic and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 10Uncover and whisk in the peanut butter and lime juice.
- 11Serve with cooked, marinated chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thighs With Satay Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 251.8 mg
- Sodium 2204.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 67.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pepper pods