Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from The Big Book Of Easy Suppers. Offer these flavorful chicken thighs baked in an orange soy sauce spooned over fluffy rice. Serve with avocado and orange slices.
Top Review by DreamoBway
I really liked this Asian dish. I added 1/4 tsp each garlic and onion powder and loved the flavor of the sauce. It wasn't very "orange-y" for my tastes so I may up the orange juice to soy sauce ratio next time. I think I'll also add some orange zest to really pump it up. Thank you for posting an easy weeknight recipe!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 boned and skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2-2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add chicken thighs and brown, 6 or 7 minutes on each side. Transfer to a lightly sprayed or oiled 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- In a bowl or cup, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, zest, honey, salt, and ginger and pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Baste with sauce. Turn and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center and seeds are toasted, about 15 minutes longer.