1/1 Photo of Chicken thighs with olives and basil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs (about 1.5kg/3lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1/2 cup homemade stock
- 1 (440 g) can tomatoes, chopped and including juice
- 1/3 cup pitted and halved black olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1Season the chicken with half the salt, and a good grinding of black pepper.
- 2Heat the oil in a large, heavy based frying pan over moderately high heat.
- 3Brown the chicken well on both sides, about 8 minutes in total; remove.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium and and the onion and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion starts to soften.
- 5Add the rosemary and wine and bring to a simmer, scraping any brown bits from the bottom.
- 6Boil for 1-2 minutes, until the wine is reduced by half.
- 7Add the broth, tomatoes, olives the remaining salt and the chicken, skin side up, along with any juices.
- 8Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is just done.
- 9Push the chicken to the side of the pan, crush the garlic with a fork and stir in the basil an another grinding of black pepper.
- 10Reheat for a minute and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken thighs with olives and basil
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 825.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 35.1 g