Prep1 hr 5 mins
Another chicken recipe that sounds delishes and from"All*You Eat Well, Save Big Cookbook". The prep time is only about 5 minutes but I had to add the marinating time of 60 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- Mix lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbls. garlic and 2 Tbls. honey in a plastic bag. Add chicken. Marinate in fridge for one hour.
- Warm oil in a large skillet. Remove thighs from marinade. Pat them dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on all sides about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and add shallots, remaining garlic and crushed red pepper. Saute 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan; add juice and broth. Simmer turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about another 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to plate. Add mustard, zest and remaining honey to skillet. Bring to a boil and whisk until sauce thickens, about 7 minutes. Spoon over chicken and serve.