Recipe by Boonyas mom
This is a Mediterranean/Greek recipe. It's very easy and can even be cooked in a crockpot. Serve with rice/orzo or mash potatoes and big Greek salad.
Top Review by Sara 76
We really enjoyed this! We served it with Greek salad, and icy cold Retsina, from Corinthia! We were going to give it a 5, but thought maybe the sauce could be a little thicker. I will make double the amount of roux next time. Great recipe, thanks for sharing it! [Made for Fall 08 PAC]
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 20 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 lemons, skinned and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring stock, garlic to a boil, remove from heat add lemon juice and white wine.
- Heat 1 tsp butter and oil in pan. Sauté chicken skin side down until skin is crisp.
- Put chicken in baking dish.
- Make roux: Heat 1 tsp butter and cook 3 tsp flour until lightly brown.
- Add roux to stock and whisk until slightly thickened and smooth.
- Pour stock and garlic over chicken.
- Add lemon slices.
- Bake 30 -40 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve.