Recipe by walter smiley
This recipe uses classic flavorings for chicken. This particular recipe is of french origin.
Top Review by mianbao
Very nice! The lemon and garlic really bring out the flavor of the chicken. Will definitely be making this again. Thank you very much for sharing this lovely (and vampire preventing) recipe with us.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 20 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 lemon, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- garnish with chopped parsley or basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the broth into a pan and bring to a broil.
- Add the garlic cloves, cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Heat the butter and oil in a saute pan, add the chicken thighs and cook gently on all sides until golden brown.
- Transfer them to an ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Strain the broth and reserve it.
- Distribute the garlic and lemon slices among the chicken pieces.
- Add the flour to the fat in the pan in which the chicken was browned, and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the pan, then add the broth.
- Cook, stirring until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over chicken, cover, and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- If thicker sauce is required, lift out the chicken and reduce sauce by boiling rapidly, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Scatter over the chopped parsley or basil and serve with boiled new potatoes or rice.