1/2 Photos of Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Garlic
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 25 mins
walter smiley's Note:
This recipe uses classic flavorings for chicken. This particular recipe is of french origin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the broth into a pan and bring to a broil.
- 2Add the garlic cloves, cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a saute pan, add the chicken thighs and cook gently on all sides until golden brown.
- 4Transfer them to an ovenproof dish.
- 5Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 6Strain the broth and reserve it.
- 7Distribute the garlic and lemon slices among the chicken pieces.
- 8Add the flour to the fat in the pan in which the chicken was browned, and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 9Add the wine, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the pan, then add the broth.
- 10Cook, stirring until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Pour the sauce over chicken, cover, and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- 13If thicker sauce is required, lift out the chicken and reduce sauce by boiling rapidly, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- 14Scatter over the chopped parsley or basil and serve with boiled new potatoes or rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.1
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 665.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 37.1 g