1/1 Photo of Chicken Thighs With Chinese Five Spice Powder
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A tasty Chinese Spiced chicken recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a shallow mixing bowl, sift together flour and seasoning salt.
- 2Roll chicken in flour mixture until well coated, shake off excess.
- 3In a large frying pan heat oil on high heat.
- 4Add coated chicken thighs and brown on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together chicken broth, rice vinegar, Chinese five spice powder, garlic, Tamari and water.
- 6Add mixture to the frying pan and bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to simmer, cover pan and cook chicken for 5 minutes, then turn chicken over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 8Turn chicken over again and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 9Test to see if chicken is done by cutting into the chicken thigh at it's thickest area (there should be no pink showing).
- 10The sauce will boil down to a thicker consistency while cooking.
- 11Serve chicken with cooked rice and pour sauce over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thighs With Chinese Five Spice Powder
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 188.2 mg
- Sodium 1987.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder