Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty Chinese Spiced chicken recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 lb skinless chicken thigh, bone-in
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a shallow mixing bowl, sift together flour and seasoning salt.
- Roll chicken in flour mixture until well coated, shake off excess.
- In a large frying pan heat oil on high heat.
- Add coated chicken thighs and brown on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together chicken broth, rice vinegar, Chinese five spice powder, garlic, Tamari and water.
- Add mixture to the frying pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover pan and cook chicken for 5 minutes, then turn chicken over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over again and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Test to see if chicken is done by cutting into the chicken thigh at it's thickest area (there should be no pink showing).
- The sauce will boil down to a thicker consistency while cooking.
- Serve chicken with cooked rice and pour sauce over.
LOVE this recipe Uncle Bill. I had used Chinese Five-Spice Powder and wanted to try it out. Boy did I choose a winner - can't believe I'm lucky enough to be the first to try it. It's so easy and fast to make and the flavors are unusual, but wonderful; we served with steamed white rice and served the gravy over it all. YUMMY!! Thanks so much for posting.