Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very simple and easy chicken recipe to make.
Top Review by 7Seven
I was very sceptical about this recipe as the ingredient were too simple for me but hey, hey, hey! Thank you again, Uncle Bill! Very simple but very flavourful! I'll be trying more of your recipes! :-)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot, no substitute
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, - 10 year old
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Rinse thighs with cold water and pat dry with paper towelling.
- Season thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken thighs well on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until thights are almost cooked through, depending on size, turning once during cooking.
- Add shallots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they soften.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 minute longer. Turn chicken to coat thoroughly.
- Serve chicken thighs with cooked rice and spoon sauce over thighs.
- NOTE: Although 10 year old Balsamic Vinegar is best, 6 year old also gives you a very good tasting chicken.