Prep 55 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From a Shop Rite recipe card. I love juicy chicken didn't want to lose this recipe so here it is.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, 8 pieces
- For the marinade, in a resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, garlic and red pepper.
- Remove skin from chicken, if desired. Add chicken to the marinade and refrigerate 2-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill, covered, for 50-55 minutes or until tender and no longer pink (180 degrees F.) turning once.
I used orange-pineapple juice, doubled the garlic, and marinated for about 8 hours. My grill just died, so I baked the thighs in the oven for 15 minutes at 400, then 25 more at 350. The flavor was wonderful! It wasn't overpowering, but it was strong enough that I didn't want to have anything too fancy on the side to detract from the taste. I served with rice cooked in broth, and french style green beans.
this recipe was very good and we went and bought a whole chicken and did it on the rotsery and it came out fantastic