Recipe by Baby Kato
For subtle variation, add some fresh herbs or spicy paprika. Simple and delicious. Turns out perfect every time. The flavour comes from the combination of bread crumbs and potato flakes.
Top Review by diner524
I now have a new love of oven baked chicken!!! I have always cooked my fried chicken on the stove top, but this is so much easier and taste the same way my Mother made it!!! Less time being in the kitchen over looking and flipping!!! Thanks BK for another great recipe!! Made and reviewed for the "Best of 2010".
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash chicken, pat dry and set aside.
- In bowl beat half and half with egg.
- In another bowl combine bread crumbs, potato flakes, garlic salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in bread crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with butter and oil.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- Increase heat to 450°F and bake an additional 15 minutes.