Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
For subtle variation, add some fresh herbs or spicy paprika. Simple and delicious. Turns out perfect every time. The flavour comes from the combination of bread crumbs and potato flakes.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash chicken, pat dry and set aside.
- In bowl beat half and half with egg.
- In another bowl combine bread crumbs, potato flakes, garlic salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in bread crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with butter and oil.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- Increase heat to 450°F and bake an additional 15 minutes.
I now have a new love of oven baked chicken!!! I have always cooked my fried chicken on the stove top, but this is so much easier and taste the same way my Mother made it!!! Less time being in the kitchen over looking and flipping!!! Thanks BK for another great recipe!! Made and reviewed for the "Best of 2010".
I made this on 11/28/10 for me and my Christopher. Twas super easy and super yummyful. :) I followed the recipe as it was, except I changed the bread crumbs to Frosted Flakes and the half and half to milk. I also only baked them for 35 minutes at 400F,since they were pretty thin. Will totally make again. :)
You don't need the farm to tell you how glorious this is, nor do you need the farm to say this is one easy recipe, you don't need the farm commenting on the excellent taste for so little prep and so little work. No you don't need it, but you are getting it anyway. This is an awesome recipe, simple to make, but certainly not a simple taste. I added paprika to the seasoning part, as suggested, by the author, and it was as grand as grand itself. Go ahead, make this. You will be euphoric you did! Made for *Herb and Spice Month Paprika* French Forum March 2010