This recipe came to me by way of the Zaar recipe adoption in February 2005. I've made a few changes to the ingredient list and streamlined the instructions. It is delicious served over pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1Trim excess fat from chicken, season the thighs with the salt and pepper and slice thighs into two pieces.
- 2In a deep skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat brown the chicken thighs in the olive oil.
- 3Remove the thighs from the skillet and set aside.
- 4Add the onion, green pepper, garlic and mushrooms to the hot pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add the crushed tomatoes, wine, thyme, bayleaf and allspice and stir to combine.
- 6Return the chicken to the pan, stirring to combine, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 7Cover and simmer 30 minutes until the chicken is tender and the flavors have blended.
- 8Serve over pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thighs Marengo
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 493.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.9 g