Recipe by BonnieZ
This recipe came to me by way of the Zaar recipe adoption in February 2005. I've made a few changes to the ingredient list and streamlined the instructions. It is delicious served over pasta.
Top Review by Paintpuddles
Made this recipe and the family just loved it, My Husband loves chicken thighs and I am always looking for different ideas to make them. I served the chicken and sauce over yellow rice instead of pasta and it was delicious.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from chicken, season the thighs with the salt and pepper and slice thighs into two pieces.
- In a deep skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat brown the chicken thighs in the olive oil.
- Remove the thighs from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion, green pepper, garlic and mushrooms to the hot pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, wine, thyme, bayleaf and allspice and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the pan, stirring to combine, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes until the chicken is tender and the flavors have blended.
- Serve over pasta.