Recipe by Tish
This dish is easy and quick to prepare and good enough a dinner party...can I say it doesn't cost much to throw together!
Top Review by Bergy
Very very tasty. I didn't have any sumac but decided to add a bit of spice and added 4 tbsp hot salsa and a 1/2 tsp sugar.I find that the sugar takes the sharp bite out of the yogurt. I only made a half recipe (4 thighs) The flavor was perfect. I started by browning the chicken under the broiler then added the yogurt mixture and baked uncovered for 35 minutes.The chicken stays moist & the yogurt forms a nice crust on the outside Very enjoyable thank-you Tish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, Chopped
- sumaq, to garnish (found in Middle Eastern Markets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the garlic and onion and saute until the onion is tender. Do not brown.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat another frying pan and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Brown the chicken on both sides and remove to a 13X9" glass baking dish.
- When the onions are tender stir in the yogurt and parsley off the heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mix over the chicken thighs and bake at 375º for 35 minutes.