Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
This is something I threw together for dinner when I had a cold and just couldn't get myself to the store, and used what was on hand. Serve with rice and a vegie. Cook time includes marinating time.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tangerines
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml oyster sauce
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 7.39 ml black sesame seed
- Grate zest from tangerines, and squeeze juice into a bowl with zest.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except chicken and sesame seeds. Whisk until well blended.
- Put thighs into a gallon zipper bag and pour marinade over thighs. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning 2-3 times.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat an oblong baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove thighs from marinade and place thighs, skin side up, in baking dish. Pour marinade over thighs.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until juices no longer run pink. Brush thighs a couple of times while baking, with pan juices.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds over thighs and continue baking 5 minutes.
- Place thighs on plates and spoon sauce over them.
Very good! Very easy! Loved the tangerine flavor - I wasn't sure you would be able to notice it with those other flavors in there but it was delicious! Thanks.
This marinade is sooooo good!! Used chicken breasts instead of the thighs and they turned out moist and tasty!! mmmm!! Also used oranges instead of tangerines. Made this for PAC 2007 and will be making it again and again!!! Thanks mikekey!! :)
In my humble opinion, this is a wonderfully different recipe for chicken! Several firsts for me ~ first time using the oyster & hoisin sauces, as well as a first for black sesame seeds! The one change I did make was in using chicken breasts [too bad chickens don't come with 4 or 5 each]! Anyway the flavors came together very nicely & the result was great! Many thanks for this one!