Recipe by Outta Here
This is something I threw together for dinner when I had a cold and just couldn't get myself to the store, and used what was on hand. Serve with rice and a vegie. Cook time includes marinating time.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tangerines
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml oyster sauce
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 7.39 ml black sesame seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate zest from tangerines, and squeeze juice into a bowl with zest.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except chicken and sesame seeds. Whisk until well blended.
- Put thighs into a gallon zipper bag and pour marinade over thighs. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning 2-3 times.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat an oblong baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove thighs from marinade and place thighs, skin side up, in baking dish. Pour marinade over thighs.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until juices no longer run pink. Brush thighs a couple of times while baking, with pan juices.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds over thighs and continue baking 5 minutes.
- Place thighs on plates and spoon sauce over them.