Recipe by syltel
I got this dish from an old Chinese cookbook. This dish is not the authentic way to make curry sauce but it is a much easier version for those days when you want some curry in a hurry! And it tastes great for a curry sauce without all the pounding and grinding of spices and what nots!!
Top Review by I'm cookin', good lookin!
Relatively bland, though nice, easy, and really quick recipe. I recommend adding a dash of fresh chopped cilantro on top right before serving. The lemoniness of the cilantro compliments the dish beautifully.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
Curry paste(mix together)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chinese white rice wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 potato, cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter or oil and stir fry onion over low heat until fragrant (about 4-5 minutes).
- Then add in the curry paste and stir fry for 1 minute over low heat. Remove and set aside.
- Make several vertical cuts on the chicken thighs.
- In a pan, add in the chicken thighs,vegetables and ingredients A. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium then cover pan and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the curry paste with onion to thicken.
- Serve dish over rice.