Recipe by The C h e f;
Savory Chicken Thighs stuffed with cheese and sage leaves and bacon wrapped around it.
Top Review by under12parsecs
Simplicity at its finest. So easy and impressive. I did have to simmer a bit longer to get the thighs cooked all the way through, but other than that, this recipe is fantastic!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 4 slices Fontina cheese (each 1/2 inch wide, 2 inches long, 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound each chicken piece between pices of wax paper to 1/4 thickness. Place 1 sage leaf in center of cut side of each thigh. Top sage with cheese strip. Fold Thigh in half to enclose filling. Wrap bacon slice around each thigh and secure with wooden picks. Coat Chicken in Flour.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Brown 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken. Add broth to skillet and scrape up browned bits. Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and simmer chicken 5 minutes or until tender and no longer pink. (170 F). Stir in lemon juice. Serves 4. [ I got this from a friend! ].