Recipe by Tish
I got some chicken thighs on sale the other day and threw this together. It was quick and easy!
Top Review by annethered
Defrosted some chicken thighs and wanted to try something different. Realised I had some spinach in the freezer and so got to work. Cut the cooking time slightly and didn't use margarine but a splash of olive oil instead. Delicious!
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2lb)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 jar pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels, set aside.
- Melt margarine in a large sillet on moderately high heat.
- Cook chicken a few pieces at a time, skin side down, for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Return all chicken to skillet, add onion and garlic, cover skillet and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and push chicken to one side.
- Add frozen block of spinach to skillet and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and the basil.
- Cover skillet and simmer 15 minutes longer, separating the spinach with a fork as it cooks.
- Heat pasta sauce until warmed through and hold on low until ready to serve Meanwhile cook spaghetti, and drain.
- Uncover skillet and stir spinach toghether with onion and butter to mix thoroughly.
- Turn chicken skin side up and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover skillet and simmer 10 minutes longer or until chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Arrange drained spaghetti on a large platter.
- Pour heated spaghetti sauce over pasta and top with cooked spinach mixture.
- Arrange cheese-topped chicken thighs on top and serve immediately.