Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chicken cooked in an asian peach glaze.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 20 ounces frozen peaches
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, No Pulp
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 cup roasted almonds, sliced
- Oil a pan it and warm it to medium heat.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast and place the chicken in the pan. The chicken should start sizzling immediately when placed in the pan. If it does not than the pan is not hot enough.
- Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side and then remove. You are not cooking it at this stage. You are only browning the chicken breast.
- While you are waiting on the chicken to brown you need to add your brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and orange juice in to a bowl and mix.
- When the chicken has cooked two minutes on each side you need to remove the chicken but keep the pan hot.
- Add your garlic and stir it around.
- Then stir in your chicken broth.
- Bring it to a simmer then stir in your soy sauce mixture.
- Bring that to a simmer and then stir in both bags of frozen peaches. Simmer for 6 minutes.
- After the peaches have simmered for 6 minutes you can add the chicken back to the pan.
- Push the peaches around so that the chicken lays flat on the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with roasted sliced almonds on top.