Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, simple Thai soup. I think it tastes similar to a soup from a Thai restaurant in Minneapolis. Just a note, I did not cut up the lemon grass, but bought Garden Gourmet lemon grass blends at Target in a plastic tube (refrigerator section). It was SO easy (used the entire tube.)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemongrass, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- chopped cilantro
- Combine the chicken breast, broth, coconut milk and lemongrass in a saucepan. Bring the mixture almost to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and shred the meat. Strain the broth through a sieve, then add the chicken, lime juice and cilantro to taste.
- Serve with white rice, if desired. Makes 1 quart.