Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you increase veggies it will serve five, I also add 1-2 carrots (julienne) - leave out the chicken and use veg stock if you want vegetarian - it's great! I made my own green curry paste (found on Recipezaar).
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use sesame or peanut + canola)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped chili (don't mince)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced (I've used breast)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 50 g sugar snap peas (I usually use 200g)
- 50 g baby corn, halved lengthwise (again, I use the whole can)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves, fresh (+ garnish)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- heat oil in large frying pan or wok.
- Sauté onion, ginger, chili and garlic until onion is tender.
- Add chicken.
- Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in green curry paste.
- Cook 1 minute. Pour in stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minute.
- Add vegetables, coriander and juice.
- Simmer further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.