Recipe by Hana
If you increase veggies it will serve five, I also add 1-2 carrots (julienne) - leave out the chicken and use veg stock if you want vegetarian - it's great! I made my own green curry paste (found on Recipezaar).
Top Review by Northwest Transplant
This recipe has great flavor, and is delicious over rice. However, my only reservation about it was that the curry was more "soup" than "sauce." I think I may have to reduce it further, or add a thickening agent next time. Even with the runniness, this one is definately a keeper! Thanks Hana.
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use sesame or peanut + canola)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped chili (don't mince)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced (I've used breast)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 50 g sugar snap peas (I usually use 200g)
- 50 g baby corn, halved lengthwise (again, I use the whole can)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves, fresh (+ garnish)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in large frying pan or wok.
- Sauté onion, ginger, chili and garlic until onion is tender.
- Add chicken.
- Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in green curry paste.
- Cook 1 minute. Pour in stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minute.
- Add vegetables, coriander and juice.
- Simmer further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.