1/3 Photos of Chicken Thai BBQ/Grilled Chicken
Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
Marinated in a garlicky sweet and sour sauce, the chicken pieces are then easily barbecued or oven-baked to perfection.Special homemade Thai sauce as either a dipping sauce or a glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 fresh chicken (chopped into small parts, OR 4-8 fresh chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (OR 1 more Tbsp. regular soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine (cooking sherry works well too)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (crushed with pestle & mortar,, OR coursely ground with coffee grinder or pepper mill)
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
DIPPING SAUCE or GLAZE
- 11.Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- 22.Add chicken parts or thighs, turning several times to ensure the chicken is covered with marinade.
- 33.Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate while you heat up the grill and prepare the dipping sauce. OR allow chicken to marinate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- 44.To make the dipping sauce/glaze, place all the dipping sauce/glaze ingredients in a sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- 55.Reduce heat to medium-low. Allow sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken as it cooks and become tangy - a mixture of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy.
- 66.Tip: this sauce can be served warm, at room temperature, or cold, so you can easily make it ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- 77.Brush your grill with a little vegetable oil, then grill the chicken, turning occasionally. Brush the chicken with the leftover marinade for the first 10 minutes or so, then discard marinade.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thai BBQ/Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 3901.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 52.7 g
- Protein 27.9 g