Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe for leftover chicken, or even Thanksgiving turkey. I use canned mushrooms in the recipe for speed, you can also use fresh and saute them.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 -3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 10 ounces fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Combine pasta, chicken, soup, cheese, garlic and mushrooms. Mix well.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour mixture into dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
This was okay although my kids did not enjoy this. I made exactly as posted but not too thrilled with the results. I probably won't be making again. Thanks for sharing.
I, too, thought this was a bit too bland for us but it is a great base recipe. After spicing it up a bit, we really enjoyed it.
Very good. We had leftover turkey and this worked out perfectly. I added some lowfat cheddar on top and instead of mushrooms, I used 3/4 of peas. I only had 1/3 c. of sour cream so I added 1/2 cup of milk. I also added garlic powder, pepper, seasoned salt, dried onions and onion powder to give it more flavor. I think next time I'd use a little more milk. I don't like to have too much of a sour cream taste, so the milk would work to add creaminess. Thanks!