Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light, posted for safekeeping.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups mushrooms, presliced
- 1⁄4 cup shallot
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups chicken, chopped and cooked (about 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; saute 5 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, broth, and sherry; stir with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 8 minutes; stir contanstantly. Stir in chicken and 1/2 cup cheese; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; add pasta, nuts, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Spoon into 3-quart casserole coated with cooking spray; top with tablespoons cheese. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.