I found this recipe in my very loved Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book and just had to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion (4)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups milk or 1 1/4 cups half-and-half or 1 1/4 cups light cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1Cook spaghetti or linquine according to package directions; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms and green onions in hot butter or EVOO until tender.
- 3Stir in flour, pepper and nutmeg. Add broth and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 4Stir in chicken, sherry (if using), and half of Parmesan cheese. Add cooked spaghetti; stir gently to coat.
- 5Transfer pasta mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the almonds.
- 6Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tetrazzini, No Whipping Cream Required
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 317.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.3 g