Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in my very loved Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book and just had to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (4)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄4 cups light cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Cook spaghetti or linquine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms and green onions in hot butter or EVOO until tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper and nutmeg. Add broth and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken, sherry (if using), and half of Parmesan cheese. Add cooked spaghetti; stir gently to coat.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the almonds.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Not too bad. There isn't a lot of taste to this dish so we were pretty sick of it after eating it for a few days. It makes a lot for two people.