Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chicken, mushrooms and spaghetti baked in a rich, creamy white sauce flavored with Parmesan cheese and sherry.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and gradually stir in chicken broth and cream.
- Return to heat, and bring to a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sherry, then stir in cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, and chicken.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.