1 hr 25 mins
from Giada De Laurentiis, Everyday Italian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus more for pasta
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 lb white mushroom, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat the oven to 450.
- 2Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 3In a large, nonstick frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil.
- 4Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until pale golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly.
- 5In a large bowl, shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- 6Add the mushrooms to the same frying pan. Saute until the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms become pale golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to the bowl with the chicken.
- 7Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in the same pan. Whisk in the milk, broth, cream, nutmeg, 1 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat to high. Cover the sauce and bring to a boil. Then simmer, uncovered, whisking often, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- 8Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook. Drain.
- 9Add the linguine, sauce, peas, and parsley to the chicken mixture. Toss until the sauce coats the pasta and the mixture is well blended.
- 10Transfer the pasta to the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, stir the cheese and bread crumbs to blend. Sprinkle over the casserole. Bake uncovered until golden brown on top - 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tetrazzini from Giada
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 840.4
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 161.4 mg
- Sodium 1505.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 44.2 g