Recipe by Munchkin Mama
I got this recipe from a friend at my bridal shower. It freezes well and is one of my favorite dishes. You could also substitute cut up cooked turkey for the chicken.
Top Review by Eileen D
This was a good make-ahead meal. It's difficult to find a creamy recipe that freezes well. We thought it was a little rich. Next time I will try to replace some of the half & half with whole milk.
- 14 ounces spaghetti, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cut up cooked chicken (this would be about 4-5 chicken breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package. Drain.
- Heat butter in a large skillet until melted.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Stir constantly until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken broth and half & half. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in spaghetti, chicken, & grated parmesan cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan. Top with fresh shredded parmesan cheese.
- To serve immediately: Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Or to freeze for another day: After topping with the parmesan cheese, do not bake right away. Cover dish with plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw completely and bake as directed on serving day.