Recipe by BamaKathy
Someone gave this recipe to me when I had small babies and it was such a good easy recipe, I've used it a lot through the years. Everyone says it's the best they've ever eaten. This also freezes well.
Top Review by lildido921
This was a very good and easy recipe and freezes well!! I made the recipe as is except I left out the pimentos. I did not like the bread crumbs on top...they tasted funny to me but that could have been the brand I was using. Will def make again!
- 2 -3 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, reserve liquid
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, boil spaghetti according to package directions.
- Mix with mushrooms, reserving mushroom liquid for later use.
- Add pimentos (drained).
- Set aside.
- In large skillet, melt 1/2 stick butter, add onions and chicken and saute until chicken is no longer pink and onion is translucent.
- Add seasonings, mushroom liquid, and stir in cream of chicken soup until smooth.
- Slowly add evaporated milk and stir until smooth.
- Continue simmering for five minutes.
- Put spaghetti mixture into a large 2 quart casserole or 9 x 13 dish.
- Pour sauce over.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan, and cheddar.
- In microwave, melt remaining butter and combine with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the top of the cheeses.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- IF FREEZING, I freeze after adding the breadcrumbs and before baking.
- After freezing, allow to thaw overnight in refrigerator and then bake as directed.