1/1 Photo of Chicken Tetrazzini - a Lighter Guilt Free Recipe
This recipe was originally a Taste of Home recipe that originally called for leftover turkey. I've since made additional changes, including steps for cooking the chicken. Unlike the common Tetrazzini recipes out there this doesn't involve creamed soups nor half and half. In the end..you won't even miss it. This is a terrific comfort food that won't leave you feel guilty in the end.
My Private Note
cups pe ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless skinless, 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup onion, Chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced, stems included
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I typically opt for garlic salt..I'm a garlic addict, what can I say)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- 2In a large pan (spray with cooking spray) cook chicken until juices run clear, insuring meat is cooked thoroughly. Remove chicken and put to the side.
- 3In the same pan used to cook the chicken, saute onion and butter until tender.
- 4Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into the onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Reduce heat to low. Add the milk; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Stir in spaghetti, chicken, mushrooms, and seasoned salt.
- 7Transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 8Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- 9Uncover; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and paprika.
- 10Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tetrazzini - a Lighter Guilt Free Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 386.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: