Recipe by CheesyGal
My MIL made this and my husband LOVES it. This recipe was a necessity for him to marry me I believe. Very cheesy and delicious!! Makes many meals and you can add your favorite veggies, such as mushrooms, etc.
Top Review by Hadice
Not a big hit with my family. They don't care for velveeta all that much. There were a lot a leftovers and we will see if anyone actually eats them. It is easy to make and would be good for a pot luck.
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts
- spaghetti noodles, size depending on how many to feed (I use two of the small packages)
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 -2 lb Velveeta cheese (1 lb. if you would like less cheese)
- shredded cheese (optional) or Ritz cracker (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Place chicken aside and use broth to cook noodles.
- Place cooked noodles in rectangular greased pan.
- Shred chicken on top of the noodles.
- Chop onions and bell pepper and saute in butter.
- Layer onions and pepper on top of noodles and chicken.
- Pour evaporated milk into pan.
- Chop chunks of Velveeta into milk.
- CONSTANTLY stir Velveeta in milk until it is a cheese sauce- IT WILL SCORCH!
- Pour cheese mixture on top of noodles, chicken, onions, and pepper.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- If you choose, you can top with Ritz crackers, more cheese, or your favorite topping and then cook for 5 more minutes.