Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account as I am always on the look out for quick and easy recipes. This is the original introduction:"I came up with this recipe after I had some at my sisters house and forgot to get the recipe. I think my turned out pretty similar (I know, I could have called and gotten it, but I like to experiment!)" Thanks cbw
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (or use Cream Soup Mix (Replacement for Cream of ___ Soups) Substitute mix)
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Mix together chicken, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup.
- Combine spaghetti and soup mixture and put in 3qt pan.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and place in 350°F oven and bake for about 45 minutes or place in crockpot on high for 2-3 hours (I have also just warmed in the microwave for an even quicker meal, but prefer the oven or crockpot method.).
This was so quick and tasty. DH loved it. I bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, and just shredded that up. And my kids think that they don't like cream of mushroom soup. So I used one can of Cr of mushroom and one of cream of chicken with herbs. It was very tasty.
This simple recipe utilizes common pantry items making it so easy - i cut up 4 chicken breasts and sauteed the chicken breast in olive oil with powdered garlic, thyme, black pepper and 2 green onions. I added the cooked chicken with juices, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese to the soup mixture. I sprinkled more parmesan cheese on top with seasoned bread crumbs.
I give this recipe 5 stars because it was tasty, quick and a hit with my very picky 9 year old. I added to the original recipe 1/2 c. each chopped celery and sliced mushrooms which I sauteed in a bit of butter and I topped it all off with buttered panko crumbs before baking. Thanks for sharing Pamela.