1 hr 30 mins
Perfect for potluck suppers. It can be made ahead,frozen, thawed and then baked. A favorite with children, too. My best friend gave me this recipe, and my family has been eating it forever. Very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken, cut into large bite-size pieces (I use meat from 3-5 pound fryer, boiled, skinned, deboned and drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti or 1 (8 ounce) package narrow egg noodles, cooked al dente according to package directions,drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated or shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 1-quart casserole and a 2-quart casserole (or 1 3-quart casserole) with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3To melted butter, add onion, soup, cheese and chicken broth and stir to mix.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In casserole dish, beginning with chicken layer, alternate layers of chicken, spaghetti (or noodles) and cheese sauce, making two layers and ending with sauce.
- 6Add corn flake crumbs on top of casserole.
- 7Drizzle with melted butter.
- 8Bake for 30-45 minutes until hot in center.
- 9VARIATION: Substitute 2-3 pounds shrimp, peeled and cooked, in place of chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.4 mg
- Sodium 326.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup