1 hr 17 mins
Delicious way to use up some of that leftover chicken (or turkey)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, divided (freshly grated)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced (or turkey)
- 12 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1Melt 1/2 cup butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add diced onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2Whisk in flour until smooth, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- 3Gradually add milk and wine; cook, whisking constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Add bouillon granules, seasoned pepper, and 1 cup cheese.
- 5Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until bouillon granules dissolve and cheese melts.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in chicken, pasta, and mushrooms.
- 8Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 9Bake chicken mixture, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 10Stir together remaining 1/2 cup cheese, breadcrumbs, and 2 tablespoons melted butter, and sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- 11Bake casserole 10 to 15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 124.4 mg
- Sodium 821.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 36.6 g