Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves the recipe. We usually serve it when "the crowd" is here. Everyone asks for seconds. They don't leave much for leftovers.
- 2 cups broken uncooked spaghetti (2 inch pieces)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (6 ounces)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Dissolve the bouillon in a bowl of water.
- Add soup, celery salt, and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti; add soup to mixture.
- Stir in chicken, onion, pimentos and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Easy to make. I left out the pimentos and used some fresh mushrooms I needed to use up.
Even though there was very little celery salt I still felt it was too much for me. Next time I will omit. This is the type casserole that gets better tasting the next day so I can hardly wait for the left overs tomorrow. Made for Pick A Chef.
A good, comfort food kind of casserole. I served this with peas and dinner rolls. I added mushrooms, left out the pimentos, and used a little more cheese than called for because we love cheese. This one's a keeper- thanks for sharing!