Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The colorful combination of green peppers and pimiento, the cheesy taste and the lack of tomatoes makes this chicken tetrazzini different than most. I got this recipe from a magazine 15 years ago, and it's great every time I make it. Hope you enjoy it, too.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jardiced pimiento, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheese (to your liking)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large dutch oven and saute green pepper and onion until peppers are crisp tender.
- Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, pimiento, soup, milk, garlic powder, and salt.
- Drain spaghetti and add to mixture, toss.
- Pour into a greased 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.