Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this on Teri's Kitchen web site that I frequent often.You can use turkey in place of the chicken and it is just as good. This is a great recipe to use up left over chicken or turkey and is vary easy to make on those weekday nights when you don't know what to make for dinner !!
- 2 cups leftover chicken or 2 cups turkey, cubed
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked (I use either Dreamfield or Ronzoni smarttaste pasta )
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- pre-heat oven 375.
- 1 1/2 - 2 quart greased baking dish.
- saute mushrooms and onions in a little extra virgin olive oil.
- In large bowl mix, onions,mushrooms,chicken ( or turkey ) and cooked spaghetti
- pur in cream and sherry and mix well.
- add parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour in greased baking dish.
- In small bowl mix breadcrumbs and butter.
- sprinkle over top of casserole then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- bake for about 25 minutes.
I made this days ago but somehow forgot to rate it... silly me! anyway this was wonderful and all that was needed was some fresh garlic which I added in with the onions and mushrooms and also added in some crushed chili flakes for heat, the breadcrumb topping it the icing on the cake! Polly thank you for sharing this great dish!
Very easy to put together after work, for a tasty dinner. I used left over turkey. I liked the addition of the nutmeg. I also like the fact that this isn't heavy with sauce or cheese, like some tetrazzinis. I halfed the recipe with success (baked in a smaller dish). Made for Fall 2008 PAC.