Recipe by Polly W
I found this on Teri's Kitchen web site that I frequent often.You can use turkey in place of the chicken and it is just as good. This is a great recipe to use up left over chicken or turkey and is vary easy to make on those weekday nights when you don't know what to make for dinner !!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this days ago but somehow forgot to rate it... silly me! anyway this was wonderful and all that was needed was some fresh garlic which I added in with the onions and mushrooms and also added in some crushed chili flakes for heat, the breadcrumb topping it the icing on the cake! Polly thank you for sharing this great dish!
- 2 cups leftover chicken or 2 cups turkey, cubed
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked (I use either Dreamfield or Ronzoni smarttaste pasta )
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven 375.
- 1 1/2 - 2 quart greased baking dish.
- saute mushrooms and onions in a little extra virgin olive oil.
- In large bowl mix, onions,mushrooms,chicken ( or turkey ) and cooked spaghetti
- pur in cream and sherry and mix well.
- add parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour in greased baking dish.
- In small bowl mix breadcrumbs and butter.
- sprinkle over top of casserole then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- bake for about 25 minutes.