I found this on Teri's Kitchen web site that I frequent often.You can use turkey in place of the chicken and it is just as good. This is a great recipe to use up left over chicken or turkey and is vary easy to make on those weekday nights when you don't know what to make for dinner !!
- 2 cups leftover chicken or 2 cups turkey, cubed
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked (I use either Dreamfield or Ronzoni smarttaste pasta )
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- pre-heat oven 375.
- 1 1/2 - 2 quart greased baking dish.
- saute mushrooms and onions in a little extra virgin olive oil.
- In large bowl mix, onions,mushrooms,chicken ( or turkey ) and cooked spaghetti
- pur in cream and sherry and mix well.
- add parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour in greased baking dish.
- In small bowl mix breadcrumbs and butter.
- sprinkle over top of casserole then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- bake for about 25 minutes.