Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Souper-Easy Meals! Woman's World 5/9/00. Traditional versions of this family favorite, baked to creamy goodness with a sprinkling of Parmesan on top, can take hours to prepare. This one is ready in 25 minutes flat, thanks to packaged cooked chicken and cream of celery soup!
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen baby broccoli spears, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfully cooked carved chicken breasts (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Position broiler rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain and set aside.
- Coat 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder; cook until softened slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in sherry; cook 1 minute. Stir in soup and milk; cook until mixture is bubbly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine with chicken, 1/4 cup parmwsan and reserved pasta mixture. Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, paprika, and remaining parmesan. Broil ntil top is golden, about 3 minutes.