Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks yummy, I raided my mother-in-laws recipe stash and am posting...I have yet to try this one!
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced green pepper
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheese
- 3⁄8 cup cut pimentos
- 2 3⁄4 cups cooked peas
- 3 cups cook chicken (cut up)
- 8 ounces macaroni
- chicken broth (as needed)
- Finely cut bacon and cook until crisp and brown.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until lightly browned.
- Mix cheese, pimento, peas, and chicken and add to drained macaroni. Stir in onion mixture. Moisten with chicken broth if necessary.
This was great! Definitely will make again. Even the picky eaters gobbled it up! I used shredded mozzarella, which was awesome, and set out parmesan on the table to top it. Omitted pimentos. I doubled the recipe, used turkey bacon (extra of that too), and ended up needing almost half a regular sized can of chicken broth to moisten it. After the cheese was melted, I kept it in a large pot on the stove on low heat, covered and let sit a few minutes so the cheese could melt more evenly. SOOOOOO GOOD, and SIMPLE, FAST, and EASY. Thank you!
Great recipe! I did follow the directions pretty closely except I left out the pimentos (hubby doesn't care for them) It had great flavor. Thanks! Made for PAC '08.