Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is one my mom found in a cook book from the 1970's. When we were kids,we were to hard to cook for( we didn't like anything). So she took out all Ingredients we didn't like (peas, carrots, celery). It turned out to be one of the best dishes she came up with. I sometimes use a can of diced green chili.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb egg noodles
- 2 small onions
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken
- Boil chicken drain and let cool.
- While chicken cools, cook noodles.
- Using a large saucepan: Sauté the onion in margarine until soft. Blend in flour, bouillon cube, the salt, dry mustard and the black pepper. Slowly stir in evaporated milk then the 3 cups of chicken broth then the 2 cans of soup. Stir constantly until sauce thickens. Add chicken to the sauce then add to noodles . Spray 9x13 dish with Pam. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle cheese on top put back in oven until cheese melts.