Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
30 Day Gourmet
Top Review by paige_kirk
This was great!! I didnt have a can of cr. chicken, so I used creamy chicken noodle instead. Was great! Also, I was hungry, and the chicken was still frozen, so I made this without the chicken inside, but grilled it instead, and had it on the side. Great recipe! Very creamy and yummy!! **I have made this many times since then. Everytime it is delicious, and I cant stop eating it while I make it!! SO GOOD!!
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, about 3 1/2 c cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces canned mushroom slices
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Assembly Directions:.
- Break the noodles into 3" to 4" lengths. Cook for half the recommended time and drain. In a large saucepan or stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Sautee the onion and garlic in the butter. Add soups, broth, and cubed Velveeta cheese. Lower heat and cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and mixture is well-mixed and smooth. Add spaghetti, chicken, and drained, sliced mushrooms. Mix well. Transfer to a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Place the cheddar cheese in a small freezer bag. Wrap baking dish well in freezer paper and foil, and then slide into a 2-gallon freezer bag. Place cheddar cheese bag inside bag with the casserole. Or, tape the cheddar cheese bag to the top of the well-wrapped casserole.
- Seal, label and freeze.
- Serving Directions:.
- Thaw. Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove cover, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.