Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Cookbook. It is the best Chicken Tetrazzini I have ever eaten. Try it you will agree!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packet white sauce mix, Knorr
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter a 2-qt casserole with some of the butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir until mushrooms are soft. Transfer to a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the same saucepan, whisk together chicken broth and sauce mix. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Add half-and-half and sherry. Stir in Swiss cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add pasta to saucepan. Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and mushroom mixture.
- Transfer to prepared casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
THe best chciken Tettrazzini that I have ever eaten...