Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I first had Chicken Tetrazzini at a Tearoom here in Texas. It was so delicious. When the tearoom closed, I came up with my own version, which was pretty dang close. The tearoom simply served it with crackers and a salad on the side... and delicious mint tea. I serve it to my family with salad and garlic bread. I like to put lots of black pepper on my serving. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb thin spaghetti, cooked, drained
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, melt butter, add onions & bell pepper and saute until onions are translucent.
- In the pot that you cooked the spaghetti, add to the spaghetti, chicken, the veggie mixture, salt, pepper, soups, sour cream, and half of the cheese.
- Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place the mixture into the 9 X 13 pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Even better the next day!