Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from a local newspaper (The Observer and Eccentric) around 1988. It is delicious !
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated and divided (reserving 1/4)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 -8 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 4 cups boneless cooked chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine and add the flour, stirring to prevent lumps. Cooking over medium heat, add milk gradually and stir until sauce is made.
- Add 3/4 Cup cheese, stirring until melted and well blended. The add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir gently until all the ingredients are combined and then pour into 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/4 C cheese and bake at 350 degrees 30-45 minutes.
My favorite dish at the Italian Restaurant Chain "East Side Marios", which no longer exists around my neighborhood was Chicken Tetrazzini -- and now I remember why! This dish is fabulous and I am definitely saving it to my cookbook! Thanks for sharing it! YUM (Not advisable for folks trying to limit themselves to one portion -- you won't be able to stop at one!)