Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favorite at our house, it is really delicious!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (Cooked & Cubed)
- 1 quart chicken broth (Canned)
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine or 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 1 medium onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup red peppers (Chopped) or 1 cup green pepper (Chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can milk (soup can)
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Boil the noodles in the chicken broth.
- Saute' onion, red or green pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli in butter or margarine until tender.
- In a Large Casserole dish, pour in the above ingredients and noodles with remaining chicken broth.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, saving some of the cheese for topping the dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Delicious comfort food! The contents of my pantry dictated a few substitutions: penne instead of spaghetti, and cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom. Otherwise I was faithful to the directions and was very pleased with the tasty outcome. This recipe would work with a wonderful variety of meat and veggies and will be a basic recipe that I return to many times.
Can you say comfort food? It was right out of our college dining hall (which was good). Very cheesy and filling. I added extra mushrooms, used I can't believe its not butter as a substitute and brown the chicken in broth. Delicious!
My husband, 2 friends and I all thought this was a great dish. I made 1/2 of the recipe and there were no leftovers. I forgot to add the milk and it came out just great (I will leave out again next time). I would recommend this dish to anyone.