Recipe by janem123
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. When my older son was a toddler, he called this "chicken spaghetti." Time to prepare doens not include cooking time for spaghetti and chicken. Rachel credits this recipe to a friend of hers in 1974.
Top Review by barbacious
YUMMY. Easy to make. I used canned chicken, skim milk and fat free soup and it turned out very good. I do think the ammount of spaghetti could be almost doubled, there is a lot of sauce. Chopped onion would also be a good addition. I plan to freeze a pan of this and see how well it turns out.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 -3 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and blend in flour until smooth. Add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add green pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup grated cheese and soup. Blend well.
- Add pimientos, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chicken, and cooked spaghetti. Mix well.
- Put mixture into 9 X 13 baking dish. Sprinkle remaining grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned.