Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy chicken over noodles. A great dish on a cold winter day. This was my daughters favorite dinner to make for company when she was young.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 cups chicken breasts (cubes)
- Saute onions in butter.
- Add chicken breast cubes, fry till just golden.
- Add mushrooms, fry till soft.
- Add flour, spices,stock and milk.
- Cook to thicken.
- Serve over your favorite noodles.
Very good - my family loved it. I made a couple of slight changes... I used Lofat milk instead of cream and I used rotisserie chicken to make the prep time quicker. Thanks!
I made this for myself and my husband, whenever he likes a recipe he will say "definately a repeat".