Recipe by RandyB1961
This may be my favorite comfort food of all time. My wife and I agree that it is the best dish that we cook. You can use leftover turkey in place of the chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red peppers or 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 20 Ritz crackers
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and peppers in 2 tablespoons butter.
- In large bowl, combine onions, peppers, chicken, cheese, spaghetti, soup, salt, pepper and milk; press into 9 x 13-inch casserole.
- Crumble and mix crackers with melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.